ROTARY CLUB OF CALCUTTA MONTHS
JANUARY - ROTARY AWARENESS MONTH
- Share information about the relevance of community service to Rotary's mission
- Ask your district governor about presentation opportunities at the district assembly or district conference. The presentation should focus on the importance of community service and successful projects in your district
- Research the RI projects exhibition at the RI Convention and encourage active clubs to apply for a booth
- When the district chair for the upcoming year has been appointed, update him or her on scheduled activities
FEBRUARY - WORLD UNDERSTANDING MONTH
- 23 February - Rotary's Anniversary
- Family Week - Second week of February
- The goal of Family Week is for Rotary clubs to connect with families in their communities, particularly those that need extra attention. .
MARCH - LITERACY MONTH
- Highlight successful literacy projects in your district or increase awareness of the area's literacy needs.
- World Rotaract Week 13 March (Mon to Sun)
APRIL - MAGAZINE MONTH
No Programme as per plan
MAY-FLAG OFF MONTHS
No Programme as per plan
JUNE - ROTARY FELLOWSHIP MONTH
June is designated Rotary Fellowships Month to recognize the importance of international fellowship and goodwill among Rotarians with similar recreational and vocational interests, promote increased participation in fellowships, and increase understanding of this program. The RI Board encourages these groups to celebrate Rotary Fellowships Month through projects, activities, and events. (RCP42.010.9.). MOP 2013.
What are the benefits for Rotarians in joining the Rotary Fellowships? Fellowship provides opportunities for Rotarians to make lasting friendships outside their own Club, District or country. There are many Fellowships that would be of interest to our members, and they are detailed on www.rotary.org/fellowships. You may find many extensive activities of the Rotary Fellowships that your profession, business or industry area has already established. If not, why not think about starting one yourself! Fellowships contribute to the advancement of world understanding and peace. Interested Rotarians can join a Rotary Fellowship by clicking: Rotary Fellowships Handbook (729) or even start a prospective Rotary Fellowship if their recreational or vocational interest is not in the list of approved Rotary Fellowships. The Rotary Fellowships are expected to facilitate communication among their members and maintain regular communication with RI.
The goal of Family Week is for Rotary clubs to connect with families in
their communities, particularly those that need extra attention. .
The month of June is considered as Rotary Fellowship Month in the Rotary calendar. There is a misconception among Rotarians on what aspect of the RI programs is being celebrated for this month of June. Let us clarify the issue. When we talk about "Rotary Fellowships", we actually refer to the groups of Rotarians, Rotarian spouses and Rotaractors who join together to:
Examples of Rotary Fellowships include: Rotarians on the Internet (ROTI), International Fellowship of Rotarians of Amateur Radio (ROAR), International Computer Users Fellowship of Rotarians (ICUFR), International Fellowship of Rotary Convention Goers, International Golfing Fellowship of Rotarians, International Fellowship of Rotarians Musicians, Rotary Global History Fellowship, etc.
The field is so varied, which includes marathon running, scuba diving, flying, bird watching, chess, doll lovers, environment, Esperanto, go, gourmets, lawyers, magic, nurses, police and law enforcement professionals, recreational vehicles, singles, stockbrokers, venture capitalists, wine and yoga.
Each Rotary Fellowship operates independently of Rotary International, with its own rules, dues requirements and administrative structure. Membership is open to Rotarians, spouses of Rotarians and Rotaractors. It must be international in nature with active members in at least three (3) countries. Each fellowship elects at least three (3) officers to oversee the group's administration. The Rotary Fellowships are expected to facilitate communication among their members and maintain regular communication with RI
What are the benefits for Rotarians in joining the Rotary Fellowships? Fellowship provide opportunities for Rotarians to make lasting friendships outside their own Club, District or country. Fellowships contribute to the advancement of world understanding and peace. Also, Fellowships serve as an incentive for attracting new members to Rotary and retaining our existing members. Indeed, Rotary Fellowship, together with the Rotarian Action Groups, serve as an effective tool in promoting membership development and should be actively promoted in our Districts.
Interested Rotarians can join a Rotary Fellowship by clicking http://www.rotary.org/programs/fellowships/index.html or even start a prospective Rotary Fellowship if their recreational or vocational interest is not in the list of approved Rotary Fellowships.
JULY-FLAG OFF MONTH
No Programme as per plan
AUGUST - MEMBERSHIP & EXTENSION MONTH
Emphasize the importance of exciting and effective service projects to help attract new members and retain existing ones.
SEPTEMBER - NEW GENERATION MONTHH
Work with the district chairs for Interact, Rotaract, and Youth Exchange to bring youth issues to the forefront. Recognize outstanding club projects benefiting youth
OCTOBER - VOCATIONAL SERVICE MONTH
- World Interact week. From Oct 28 for 7 days
- This month offers a unique opportunity to promote vocational service activities. Recognize successful projects, award outstanding individuals, and highlight Rotary's vocational service efforts through the district Web site, newsletters, and local media.
NOVEMBER - THE ROTARY FOUNDATION MONTH
During this month, clubs are urged to develop at least one club program to the Foundation. (RCP 8.020.) (MOP 2013)
November is the time to celebrate the wonderful work of The Rotary Foundation. It's a good time to reflect on the Rotary Foundation sponsored programs we support and on how each of us can contribute to make sure these programs continue.
Challenge all of your members to be an EREY (Every Rotarian Every Year) member.
- Honour TRF contributors of the club (PHF/MPHF/Major Donor, Etc)
- Talk on Rotary Foundation/TRF alumni
- Participate in District Foundation Seminar
- Contribution to TRF through EREY
- Observe World Interact Week (Monday through Sunday, includes 5 November)
DECEMBER - FAMILY MONTH
- Celebrate Rotary's commitment to family in December!
- Bring together mothers, fathers, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and other members of your Rotary family to learn more about the organization.